It was established in 1921 by Late Shri Surajmal Lallubhai Mehta on the first floor of the Sthanakvasi Lukagachchha Jain Pustakalaya. On 16th August 1951, the trust took over the management of Jain Shishushala. Little did we know that this singular effort that had blossomed from a beautiful dream would take us on such a glorious journey and would build the foundation of Vidyamandir! It went on to become the first institute of Vidyamandir. It thrived on its pride and respect for the Indian culture and its value education practice, which was not so common in those days. The administration of the school was handed over to the Trust in the year 1951 to create history by taking it to greater heights. In 1954, Smt. Kesarben Zaveri donated her bungalow, which is on the present-day Taleybaug Campus for this institute.
Today, it is a Gujarati-medium lower primary school on our Shri Manubhai Surajmal Jhaveri - Surekhaben (Crown TV) Campus, Opp. Shashivan, Rihen Mehta Marg, Palanpur.
It has 302 students and a staff of 25.
The school timings are 10:50 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. from Mon. to Fri. and 7:05 a.m. to 01:00 p.m. on Saturdays.
Parents are welcome to meet the teachers and the Principal on the Second Saturday of every month.
Smt. Diwaliben Patel
Ph. 02742- 265140